Monday, September 26, 2011

Liquid Laundry Soap

I wanted to share since it is so super affordable! My mom and a couple sisters have been making their own laundry soap. I just made my first batch today. Get this, $2 for a 5 gallon bucket of laundry soap! SAVING GALORE! It is unscented but you could add fabric softener or dryer sheets if you want a smell. Think about trying it. If you don't like it you wasted $2 but if you like it the savings are big!
You can get everything at walmart or most anywhere in the laundry section.

1 cup Arm and Hammer WASHING soda
1 cup Borax
1 bar fels-naptha soap

Grate the soap and melt in boiling water. Add the washing soda, Borax and melted soap to a 5 gallon bucket. Continue adding boiling water till the bucket is full, stirring. Let it cool 1 day. It will be a gel when it cools.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

cool! how much do you use in each load?

Ricki said...

Maybe I could bring a cup or two back after we visit to try it?

Magi said...

I used my old tide measuring cup.
Yes, you can take some to try.
I didn't tell Tom when I made it to see if he could tell a difference. I did 5 loads of laundry and no one could tell I used the homemade stuff!